Saturday, April 14, 2007

Training of a male in any form is a challenge!


This is my little Andy. He is two years old and a Chihuahua mix. I got him last in March from a rescue home and he is a delight! But..... man, this male does not listen. He is still young and very smart. He has learned to sit and stay (for a few moments) . Problem is, when it comes time to go for a walk to take care of his biz, he DOES NOT LISTEN. Andy is........ a PULLER. He has this thing where he feels he has to pull constantly on the leash. When I take him out, he automatically goes into instinct mode..... to him every walk is a "fact finding mission". "Who has been at my bush???! Let me leave just two drops so I can show this interloper who the boss really is." Like I said this little ten pound bundle of energy thinks he is ten feet tall and bullet proof. If he sees another dog across the street forget it. He thinks he can tear that Rotweiller limb from limb. Funny thing is, when he does meet that other dog nose to nose, he is friendly. Does he perceive that creature in the distance to be a threat to me? Is he just protecting me?

I took my mid-term in Marketing and I am not so sure I did very well. First of all it was a timed exam and smart me forgot to look at the clock before I began. This exam was taken online and the professor knows when you begin. I hurried only to find out that

A. the exam was not due until this coming Sunday
B. I had finished it in 36 minutes.

Oh well, we will find out Tuesday just how good or bad I did.






No comments: